The WASH Manager will be based in ACTED’s capital office in Antakya and is responsible for the implementation of ACTED’s projects and ensure that ACTED programs are being implemented in line with ACTED’s quality standards
DUTY STATION: Hatay/ Antakya
a) Facilitate the creation of productive working environment through internal communication with program team and external communication with relevant departments and support the timely and quality implementation of projects
b) Ensure timely implementation of ACTED’s project and that activities are implemented in line with ACTED’s and humanitarian quality standards
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Project Implementation Follow-up
1. S/he will be chiefly responsible for the design WASH infrastructure related to the programme. This will include, but will not be limited, the design of latrines, sanitation facilities, water distribution networks, water storage tanks, drainage systems, wells, camp graveling requirement and piping systems.
2. S/he will contribute to the design of technical WASH assessments; which may include listing all the required data from third parties must gather from the field.
3. S/he may review the feasibility of projects proposed to ACTED by third parties.
4. S/he must be available to help evaluate the technical capacities of proposed sub-contractors such as construction companies and WASH services providers.
5. S/he must remotely and directly monitor the on-going program activities. S/he should alert the contractor to any un-approved, dangerous, or ineffective techniques or products that would jeopardize the structural integrity, the durability, or overall usability of the commissioned infrastructure.
6. S/he will ensure that the construction of any designs (particularly piping networks) accommodate planned camp expansion and current transportation goods.
7. S/he will design clear and understandable BoQs and/or quotation forms for regular WASH services and other program activities so that field and/or partner staff can collect quotations.
8. Calculate the WASH requirements of various IDP camps in-line with SPHERE standards. This includes, but is not limited, water consumption needs, solid waste removal requirements, de-sludging needs.
9. Oversee and ensure the successful implementation of in-kind and market-based emergency programs, in adherence with ACTED’s quality standards and Sphere handbook.
10. Lead conducting market assessments to determine the appropriate approach of intervention and distribution (in-kind, vouchers…etc.)
11. Ensure the quality of data collection and information management and flow between area office and capital
B. Program Management:
1. Monitor output achievement and ensure reflecting information onto output trackers throughout the project cycle
2. Develop project work plan and follow up the implementation of projects activities with program team(s).
3. Support in the management of project budgets to avoid under/over spending
4. Support in project development and the development of ACTED’s approach and implementation strategy
5. Ensure Coordination with AMEU and mutual information sharing.
1. In coordination with PD department, draft regular program reports within determined deadlines
2. Contribute in the weekly area meetings and provide required program inputs
3. Report difficulties to line management and share lesson learnt with relevant departments
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|