TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• At a regional level, sources, assesses, evaluates and registers suppliers in collaboration with their direct supervisor and updates supplier master data and performance indicators.
• Conducts research into the availability of goods and services.
• Implements the ICRC's purchasing strategy for each product family in coordination with the Lead Buyer.
• Independently carries out ordinary procurement for specific sector(s) up to a certain amount.
• Drafts requests for tenders/quotes, selection tables and contracts and submits them to their hierarchical superior.
• Follows up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they are conform to specifications and contract details.
• Receives goods and checks that they correspond to quantities and quality ordered.
• Manages, follows up on, files and scans invoices and related documents
• Participates in updating statistics and reporting.
• Responsible for actively seeking to reduce costs without compromising the quality of goods or services being purchased
Customer service & internal co-ordination:
• Ensure to liaise with other units within the supply chain securing finances, appropriate import-export procedures, transfer, warehousing and reporting of purchased items;
• Ensure to maintain contacts with the field for technical advice, ensuring the exchange of views in regard to purchasing procedures, standard item selection, quality assurance as well as specifications for new products and equipment in the market;
• Cross check and fine-tune all specifications for materials requested.
• Ensure to review procurement requests to assure appropriateness of technical specifications and seek clarifications, if required;
• Seek upstream approvals for awarding and contracts as per the financial rules.
• Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities
• Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
• Apply the security rules at all times
• Respects and observes the staff regulations of the ICRC in the Region
• The employee may be asked to perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
ICRC is a humanitarian organization, which works to protect and assist victims of armed conflicts. The position within the institution requires the responsible individual to uphold the ICRC's core principles. ICRC expects its employees to behave in an appropriate manner at all times and in all places. All members of staff should ensure their attitudes correspond to ICRC principles both during and after working hours.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Purchasing and Procurement|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $2,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|