Water Utility and GIS Expert – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The GIZ project “Strengthening the Resilience of Water Utilities – RWU” is seeking a “Water Utility and GIS Expert” on a full time base employment.
The position holder will be responsible for:
– The acceleration of the Water Loss Reduction Program (WLR) in the Project Area and the regional brands of WAJ Balqa
– Preparation of concept for optimizing the physical water losses and the corporate development in WAJ Balqa in the Project Area and in the regional brands of WAJ Balqa.
– Assist the administrative and operation departments/units, data availability and quality, work flows and work outputs, planning procedures of WAJ Balqa and its regional brands.
– Implement the action plans for relevant units and selected areas
– Human capacity development measures
– Preparation and implementation of tenders and procurement processes.
– Supporting the project implementation in Activity A: Strategy for monitoring water losses at national level, Activity B: the Water Loss Reduction Monitoring System is in action, Activity C: creating the basic grid technology for reducing water losses in sub-zones of WAJ/Balqa’s Salt operational unit.
– Collecting relevant data and feeds them into the project’s monitoring system, organizes regular monitoring reflection meetings with the team and planning workshops with the team and its partner organizations
– Providing technical inputs to all management tools as required
– Monitoring and reporting of the projects progress according to GIZ rules & regulation.
1. Coordination and Monitoring
• Supporting public relations activities, including the development of PR material, brochures, etc. regularly updating the project management tools such as actors
• Establishing and regularly updating work programs, co-ordinated with and approved by the project manager;
• Coordinating with the official counterpart representatives and project staff in the MWI WAJ, the PMU and WAJ Balqa and his regional brands where needed;
• Continuously reporting and coordinating with the project manager on status and details of projects implementation
• Collecting of relevant information and disseminate experiences both on national and international level;
• Supporting the project manager in the cooperation work with donors and other international institutions including reporting in English/Arabic language to relevant stakeholders as needed
• Being in charge for the planning, coordination, and documentation of meetings, workshops, seminars and other activities and assisting for such activities;
• represents the project in meetings, workshops and at conferences
• providing technical expertise in the fields of communication, stakeholder dialogue, and organizational development to all project partners
• represents the interests and always acts on behalf of GIZ
2. Professional Expertise and knowledge management
• Preparation of concept for optimizing the Water Loss Reduction Program and corporate development in in the Project Area and in the regional branches of WAJ Balqa
• Support in developing and implementing of an integrated concept and action plan to accelerate the commercialization process of WAJ Balqa and its regional branches.
• Support the implementation, supervision, steering and evaluation of the implementation of the action plan.
• Assessment of the administrative and operation departments/units, data availability and quality, work flows and work outputs, planning procedures in the Project Area and in the regional branches of WAJ Balqa
• Supervision of the assessment (incl. proposals for improvements) of procedures, outputs and main functions for the following department/units in WAJ Balqa: Technical & GIS, Finance, Costumer Management and IT
• Supervision of the ttechnical assessment of the water supply facilities in selected areas including the fields of water network plans, maintenance management as well as of energy efficiency and recovery potentials
• Supervision of the assessment of the current water demand scenario planning and response strategies in the Project Area and in the regional branches of WAJ Balqa
3. Implementation of the action plans for relevant units and selected areas
• Supervision of the implementation of the proposed improvements within the GIS unit to streamline procedures and to enhance GIS quality.
• Supervision of the enhancement of the internal processes of the finance department to support the preparation of financial statements, special financial reports and annual budget planning.
• Supervision of the integration and the further development of IT systems and application for WAJ Balqa and the regional branches.
• Supervision of the efficiency improvements of the commercial management department in: Water & wastewater customer applications, fees calculation & payment flow, house connection & meter installation, customer care & complaints management, reading & billing, revenue collection, debt management and recovery, performance monitoring
4. Human capacity development measures
• Support in the assessment of WAJ Balqa and regional brands staff capacity building needs, propose external training courses, and conduct in-house on the job training sessions on selected topic and/or for selected groups.
• Support the GIS Team of WAJ Balqa and his regional brands with capacity building, on the job training and training courses.
• Support in the strengthening of the planning capacity of relevant institutions and authorities
• Support in management coaching for the higher decision-making level in WAJ/PMU.
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Water Utility and GIS Expert – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH بكل سهولة الان مجانا.