To create a competitive, demand-driven workforce development plan that leads to increased employment, especially for women, youth and vulnerable groups, through promoting economic opportunities with high strong employment generation potential, and promoting business partnerships related to investment and job creation.
• Formulates workforce development policies and strategies in coordination with Projects Manager, within the context of local and national economic development programs and initiatives and update procedures regularly;
• Supports institutional development and capacity building efforts aimed at improving employment prospects and business start-up;
• Lead the design and implementation of the workforce development components of the foundation’s project through job placement and job creation activities and ensure achieving projects’ targets by performing best practices and risk management.
• Identify training needs of targeted beneficiaries and contribute to the design of training programs, advocacy and outreach activities to support the success of workface development component.
• Assesses and evaluates workforce development interventions and labour market programs, SMEs and identifies training needs in coordination with the Value Chain Analyst to strengthen business skills of target groups, and facilitate linkages along the value chains;
• Facilitates the process of increasing awareness of labour market conditions through improved information collection/data validation methods by directly engaging with communities and businesses in the target governorates; and contributing to the dialogue on employment issues with employers and relevant stakeholders to enhance work place conditions;
• Identifies priority sectors, sub-sectors, and occupations in each governorate based on stakeholder input; by leading Labor market assessments on governorates level, including development of data collection tools and closely managing implementation with projects manager and field coordinators.
• Facilitates job placement, job creation, job search information mechanisms, career counselling, mentoring, outreach and business start-up initiatives and actively participate in the management of expectations on Labor market of target beneficiaries throughout the project lifecycle;
• Provides technical and management support to enterprise-level employment generation and provide evidence-based feedback (to employers and beneficiaries) to ensure sustainability and higher retention rates
• Leverages and develops private and public sector relationships for employment generation activities to formulate a job advisory board (governorate-level) that serves as employment hub for JRF’s projects;
• Designs and leads activities to improve women, youth and vulnerable population access to vocational education, employment, finance, and business advisory services;
• Build strategic relationship with vocational and specialized training providers to increase the access of the JRF’s targeted beneficiaries to professional development opportunities.
• Designs workforce development activities targeted at youth to increase their employability skills and support job matching initiatives and participate in existing livelihood dialogue platforms to develop better understanding of employment opportunities and leads;
• Adapts and expands existing training programs, to the general needs of micro and small enterprises and start-ups;
• Leads initiatives to increase women’s participation in the economy by supporting and building the capacity of women associations;
• Addresses the challenges and barriers (both physical and social) that inhibit the participation of women, youth and vulnerable groups in Jordan’s labour market, including a set of integrated and tailored initiatives to tackle socio-cultural mind-sets and negative attitudes toward the vocational sector;
• Leads the formalization of strategic partnerships with local communities capable of assisting the projects with the achievement of its technical and cost-share objectives;
• Designs and implements adaptive-management and iterative-learning practices within the Field Team, which includes continuous assessments of lessons-learned, best-practices through working closely with project team and M&E focal point and periodic (as appropriate) recommendations for incorporating these into strategies, approaches, and activities across the program;
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures:
• Recommends improvements to policies, procedures and processes and implementing approved departmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions
• Monitors adherence to polices, systems, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
• Manages the team by taking part in recruiting team members, and evaluating their performance, provides feedback on an on-going basis, identifies development needs and coaches them to ensure on-going capability development.
• Identifies training needs and organizes trainings for the department on various aspects on which the role holder has responsibilities
• Strives to achieve the highest levels of proficiency on all competencies and skills required to perform the role
• Sets performance goals in the beginning of the year after discussion with the Senior Human Resources Manager and ensures those goals are achieved during the course of the year
• Identifies the training and development requirements for self and agrees on them with the line manager to ensure that the required training is arranged and attended
• Ensures detailed and accurate documentation and reporting relating to the requirements of the function.
• Manages, prioritizes and organizes self, relating to additional tasks requested by Function Management to support the Foundation achieve its business plan.
• Performs other responsibilities and tasks as required or as directed by management from time to time.
• Accountability & Ownership
• Production Management
• Scientific research and statistics fundamentals
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Development of Others
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $2,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|